Robust yet pragmatic IT project and programme management is central to our ability to deliver predictable outcomes and unrivaled business value for our clients. Our practical and flexible approach provides the right level of governance, rigour, and risk management while also enabling innovation and creativity.
We understand that your business needs to assure the delivery of projects and here at Optimation we provide that through a transparent and independent governance structure that is led by Project support professionals who are based out of Delivery. We provide Project support professionals who have delivered projects, therefore adding trust and experience to the delivery teams.
Small projects, large projects, agile projects, iterative waterfall projects, we cater for them all. The right fit of governance is applied depending on the size and complexity of the project. Our tailored governance models can range from targeted resource augmentation through to a full ‘Project Management Office as a Service’.
Project management is fully aligned across our practices through our end-to-end delivery framework, The Optimation Way. The Optimation Way bridges the technology and business domains to ensure we begin every engagement with a clear understanding of the outcomes required. This then guides successful delivery by applying a fit-for-purpose methodology, consistent standards, and appropriate project control.
Our PMO capabilities include:
- Recommendations on governance structures and roles
- Providing a suite of project reports and templates
- Report writing expertise and advice to Project Managers
- PMO Support capability through highly trained and efficient Project support teams
- Financial reporting on in-flight and pipeline projects
- Stage gate and quality checks on all project artifacts
- Proactive and independent advice on project health
- Communication and Change Management plans
- Project Manager coaching
- Stakeholder training
Our project management philosophy embraces people, processes and tools.
- Communication and responsiveness are core values. We are committed to providing the right level of frequency, formality, structure, and detail in communications for sponsors, stakeholders, and team members throughout the life of the project or engagement.
- Transparency and a common language ensures a clear understanding of deliverables, required outcomes, risks, and the responsibilities of all stakeholders.
- An independent governance model clearly identifies ownership and accountabilities, and ensures risks and issues are proactively addressed.
- Every engagement is supported with appropriate, right-sized risk management and escalation frameworks.
- A collaborative culture means all stakeholders are appropriately engaged and we can draw on the combined strengths of the team.
Optimation’s project management approach aligns with the global standards captured in the Project Management Institute’s Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK).
Our team is skilled and certified in:
We take the best aspects of these commercial methodologies and balance them with a pragmatic dose of industry experience. This allows us to adapt the approach to fit the scale, complexity, and risk profile of each project and the specific outcomes required. Where it makes sense - for example, where there are higher levels of organisational complexity or large-scale business change - we apply programme and portfolio management disciplines to create a consistent approach across multiple projects and workstreams.
We apply a single transparent governance and execution framework across all our practices, from initial engagement through to delivery and hand-over to long-term support.
The Optimation Way creates strong connections across our Consulting, Development & Integration, Testing, and Support teams to ensure a robust approach to business analysis and requirements definition. This end-to-end approach is complemented by a common set of tools for tasks such as scoping, time and cost estimation, and resource planning.
We support best practice project management with Tenrox, a cloud-based system that provides a real-time holistic view for project planning, resource allocation, project management, and reporting.
Our knowledge repository captures learnings for continuous improvement, and preserves business and technical IP.